Thursday 19 February 2009

Training Games

I don't often get excited about new products (if I did I'd be exhausted, I'm getting fantastic new products every day) but this one has really tickled me. Though sometimes I am wary of US products perhaps not quite hitting the mark with the UK or European market, I think these absolutely will.

Trainers have their favourite games, don't they? You get the 'tried and trusted' attitude, but what if you are going in to a client again and again? There's only so many times they'll wear the same activity, or a variation on it, or maybe even they are such a good client that all your games get used up!

So when I received Tom Heck's 3 DVD set of training games I was delighted to find not only lots of games on each DVD, but simple, clear instructions and timings/space requirements. Many of the games are suitable for young people too, so this is a great resource for teachers as well as trainers (which is handy as we have a new Teachers section on the website).

If I can work out how to do it (and with Tom's consent of course) I'll see if I can include a sample on here.

If you are looking for some new ideas for training games, warm ups, icebreakers etc, then check it out on the CT website. I would love for someone to buy the Training Games here and give me feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment